Monday, February 18, 2008

Maya Angelou Quote on Travel and Understanding



"Human beings are more alike than unalike, and what is true anywhere is true everywhere, yet I encourage travel to as many destinations as possible...Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples laugh, cry, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends" - Maya Angelou

~~~~~

I read this quote in one of my textbooks but I thought it'd be great to share as I love inspiring quotes and I love travel! Its so true, the more you travel, the more you realize that we have alot more in common with each other than you originally thought, and have more understanding of each other too! I am getting antsy for my next travel fix, but no vaca time in the near future though!

FYI: The photo above was taken in Gwangju, South Korea, nearby their Democracy Memorial. I love finding these "May Peace Prevail" polls whereever I travel. You can see the collection I have in my Etsy Shop.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Chocolate and Steel said...

What a wonderful idea for cards